Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintains positive and encouraging working relations with all drivers
- Provides constant communications of service issues to appropriate personnel and departments, both internal (NFI) and external (Customer)
- Develops and provides analysis of dedicated routes and schedules
- Performs load planning, driver scheduling, and dispatch duties using both Dedicated Fleet and Common Carrier resources.
- Coordinates daily data entry into NFIâ€™s proprietary order-management-system, SCMS.
- Works with Common Carriers on both rate negotiations and surge capacity requirements
- Coordinates with home-office Invoicing team to ensure timely and accurate completion of weekly customer invoices
- Ensures accurate and timely completion of daily and weekly tasks
- Provides weekly KPI/performance data reports to both internal and external parties
- Assists Project Manager with implementing NFIâ€™s Safety, Security and Labor policies
- Assists and provides coverage throughout departments during vacations, holidays and irregular work schedules
- Manages and maintains driver payroll
- Audits and approves driver expense reports
- Provides assistance to Project Manager wherever needed
- Perform yard checks and random equipment inspections.
- Minimum 1-3 years experience in logistics and/or transportation
- Computer applications experience including MS Office and AS400 a plus
- Excellent customer service, problem solving, communication and decision making skills
- Ability to work efficiently and multitask
- Ability and availability to work extended hours including nights and weekends as needed by the customer
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractorâ€™s legal duty to furnish information.